My Hours This Week (Oct 4-10):
Drop-in Hours: Make appointments in advance or drop-in.
Monday & Thursday 12:30 – 2:00 pm in the HEDCO Technology Support Center (Brennan 80)
Join us on Tuesday, Oct. 5, for the RefWorks Workshop. RSVP to Daniel Ransom at firstname.lastname@example.org. See below for more details.
Appointment Only Hours: Monday 2:00 – 4:00 pm, Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Please note that I will not be on-campus on Monday, October 11.
- Reminder: RefWorks Training Workshop Tuesday, Oct. 5 12:30-2:30pm in the HEDCO Technology Support Center (Brennan 80):
- Have you heard about RefWorks? It’s an online citation management tool that handles your references for you — so you can focus on your writing and your research. Cushing Library has an institutional subscription to RefWorks that provides unlimited use for our faculty, staff, students, and even Holy Names University alumnae.
- Training Specialist Jason High is coming to campus to lead a workshop designed to get you up to speed on using this cutting-edge tool. All interested faculty and staff are welcome to attend. We will have cold drinks and tasty snacks on hand!RSVP To Daniel Ransom at email@example.com. If you are interested in RefWorks but unable to attend this training session, you are also welcome to schedule an appointment with Daniel for a personal tutorial.
See this post for more details on what we will learn.
- Apple Student-Generated Content Workshops: You are invited to join us as Jarrod Wyrick from Apple takes us on a tour of the various forms of student-generated content! Jarrod will discuss why it’s important and how we can incorporate it into our courses and workshops:
- Especially for Staff And Adjunct Faculty: Wednesday October 13, 12:30-1:45 pm (Faculty Senate Day) in the HEDCO Technology Support Center (Brennan 80).
- Open to All Faculty and Staff: Wednesday October 27, 12:30-1:45 pm in the HEDCO Technology Support Center (Brennan 80).
- Please RSVP to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify which date you will be attending. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided.
Feel free to join us even if you can only attend part of the workshop. The bulk of the content will be in the first hour, followed by 15 minutes of questions.
Recap of SmartBoard and Document Camera Workshop:
on Sept. 28, Colby Henard of in2change (our smartboard vendor) dazzled us with the many ways we can use the smartboard and document camera in our classes, workshops and meetings. Here are some of the exciting things we learned:
- How to use the smartboard as a standalone electronic whiteboard.
- How to use the whiteboard feature while projecting from your computer or the document camera, or even when playing a video on the PlayStation.
- How the document camera can be a used to project not only paper documents, but any object including photos, models, artwork etc.
- How students can contribute to the whiteboard content directly from their computers, even if off-campus.
- How to save your whiteboard screens and open them again so you can start your next class/meeting right where you left off!
I’d be happy to schedule individual training with anyone wishing to practice using the many features of the smartboard!
- Thanks to all who attended. We had a great attendance of 22 people.
- Mac Tip of the Week: Will Return Next Week
- The Mac Tip is taking a brief hiatus to make room for all of our workshop announcements. It will return next week!