Have you heard about RefWorks? It’s an online citation management tool that handles your references for you — so you can focus on your writing and your research. Cushing Library has an institutional subscription to RefWorks that provides unlimited use for our faculty, staff, students, and even Holy Names University alumnae.
At 12:30 pm on Tuesday, October 5, RefWorks Training Specialist Jason High is coming to campus to lead a workshop designed to get you up to speed on using this cutting-edge tool. The workshop will take place in Brennan 80 (HEDCO Technology Support Center). All interested faculty and staff are welcome to attend. We will have cold drinks and tasty snacks on hand!
Learn how to:
- Create your own RefWorks account
- Import citations from library databases and the web
- Attach full-text articles to your RefWorks citations
- Search the library’s databases directly from RefWorks
- Export reference lists/bibliographies
- Use the RefWorks “Write-N-Cite” feature to automatically insert your in-line citations into your paper in Microsoft Word
The workshop will be divided into two parts: a one-hour basic skills session that will teach you everything you need to know to get started, and a second hour session for “power users” who want to know how to use the advanced features, get one-on-one expert assistance, and get a sneak peak at the currently-in-beta RefWorks user interface improvements.
RSVP To Daniel Ransom at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in RefWorks but unable to attend this training session, you are also welcome to schedule an appointment with Daniel for a personal tutorial.